There are a number of reasons to be concerned about the use of bleach, both in how it affects individuals and the environment. This simple bleach alternative works well for your laundry needs.
In face, this homemade natural bleach alternative can be used all over your house, not just in your laundry! Not only does this make whites even whiter, it safely brightens colors too! There is no need to dilute this mixture. It can be used in your bath, shower, sink, and even toilet cleaning!
- For tough stains, soak clothing in a container of this natural bleach alternative overnight. You can also spray this on the stain and let it soak.
- For whiter whites and brighter colors add 1/2 cup – 2 cups during the bleach cycle or into your bleach container in your washer.
- Use this mixture in your cloth diaper soak bucket for cleaning power and white diapers.
- Combine this with baking soda to form a paste and use to scrub tile and grout.
- Fill the toilet bowl with this natural bleach alternative and then add some baking soda. Swish around in the bowl and then let sit 5 to 10 minutes before flushing clean.
- Pour a cup into the bottom of your dishwasher for extra cleaning power. You can also use it as a rinse aid.
- 1 gallon glass jug – (this one on Amazon even comes with a pump!)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (fresh squeezed, not from concentrate)
- 15 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- Purified water to fill the jug
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice in a glass gallon jug.
- Add 15 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- Fill with purified water to fill the jug.
- Gently shake to combine for each use.